Thursday, September 15, 2016

"When Pigs Run" Drawings

Well, I've started the drawings for my newest Puddle the Pig story. I decided to start with the easy stuff. So, here is a drawing of Rascal. He tries to lead Puddle on a shortcut through a brier patch. Poor Puddle's skin gets chewed up like a peach pit on a red ant pile.

So, my next question is color, or black and white? Since there is nothing to print in an eBook, and electrons are cheap, I'm leaning toward color, but black and white is classic for kid's read aloud story books. What do you think?

PS
Yes, that's Ranbone the Raven peaking into the frame lower right.

PPS
Notice the single prickly thistle sticking up over the rock. Visual foreshadwing.

Rascal from "When Pigs Run" by Rodney Robbins.












No comments:

Post a Comment