Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Learning to Get the Most from Kindle

Maybe this is too much behind the scenes, but I'm trying to do a better job in terms of publishing, not just writing. My books and stories are all available for the Amazon Kindle. You may not know this but there are handheld Kindle readers and Kindle apps you can install on your iPhone or Android phone, laptop or desktop computer. If you are reading this post, you can probably read a Kindle ebook. Well, I'm trying to help my readers by optimizing that experience.

Over the next week or so, I'm going back through all my stories and making sure the format of the manuscript makes for the best possible reading experience on your Kindle device or app. Then, I'm making sure each story links back to my new Amazon author page. Why? Well, if you liked one of my stories, you might like another one and putting the link in the manuscript makes it easy to at least take a look at the other stories I offer. If you would like to see my author page, follow the link below:

Rodney Robbins Amazon Author Page

Then, I'm going back through the Kindle setup information to make sure I have all my books and stories in the right categories. Amazon has a section called Kindle Short Reads and several of my stories fit well there. Amazon has stories grouped into 15 minutes, 30-60-90 minutes and some that are 2 hours of more (but not a lot more). So, for those who enjoy short stories or novellas, for folks that don't have a lot of time, and even for students looking to quick read SOMETHING for a school assignment, there is now a place to go and find exactly what you are looking for. Hopefully, you'll find some of my stories there.

I will also update my covers, as needed, to make them more visually appealing. The least I can do is make my food, er, stories, look good!

So, check back often. I'll also be pricing all my Kindle books and stories at $0.99 to see if we can generate a little momentum. A-N-D I'll be offering stories F-R-E-E sometimes, usually on Fridays. Can't beat free, especially when the stories are so good (even if I do say so myself).

No comments:

Post a Comment