Friday, March 20, 2015

Rodney Robbins--Author and Illustrator?

So, this is a little cartoon mascot I drew up for "The Bite Me Diet Book." Creating and drawing Reddy Racoon was such fun, that I decided to update my YA novel and include pictures at the start of each chapter. So, I guess that makes me an author/illustrator.

This is pretty easy for me as I drew a LOT as a child and never lost the touch. I'm thinking of doing an illustrated poetry book--just because I like writing silly poems and drawing little critters.

I certainly wouldn't include drawings in, say, an adult murder mystery,but I do enjoy them in non-fiction and in fiction for younger readers. As a kid, one of my favorite books was "A Golden Treasury of Poetry." It included all kinds of poems with nice color illustrations. And of course, I really liked "Where the Sidewalk Ends." Below is a drawing of a feather I used to setup one of the chapters in "My Romantic Spell." Anyway, this was just something fun to share. You can share it too on Facebook or Twitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment